You will need:
1 large onion
Peanut Butter (smooth or crunchy)
2 cans of tomatoes or a jar of Passata.
1-2 tsp ginger
1 large clove of Garlic
Fresh or powdered chilli (optional)
Parmesan or cheddar cheese.
1. Chop the onion and garlic and add to saucepan with ginger and chili (optional). Saute gently until the onions are lightly cooked. Whilst the onions are cooked put the pasta on.
2. Add a large dollop of peanut butter to the onion mix when cooked with a splash of boiling water. Don't add too much as the peanut flovour can over power the tomato. You can always add some more a little later on.
3. Stir until the peanut butter becomes a thick paste and coats the onion.
4. Add the tinned tomatoes or passata and simmer for about 10 minutes. If the tinned tomatoes lack flavour add some tomato puree. Have a taste and add more peanut butter or tomato if you need to.
4. Serve with flakes of Parmesan cheese
I've added the 'Fussy Eaters Support Club' linky over at Bod for Tea. If you've got a fussy eater why not pop over and share your experiences, recipes and tips.