You will need:
2 tbsp cumin seeds
2 tbsp Coriander seed
2 good sized aubergines
4 good sized gloves of garlic sliced
Puy Lentils (green lentils) - I eyeball this but would say approx 200g of dry lentils but you could use tinned lentils instead
Punnet cherry tomatoes
small handful chopped mint
large handful chopped coriander
1. Put dry lentils in saucepan, cover with water and cook until soft. When ready wash in cold water. If using tinned lentils empty into a sieve and wash with cold water. Leave to dry.
2. Preheat oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6 (adjust depending on oven). Lightly toast Coriander & cumin seed in a dry saucepan (no oil) for a couple of minutes. Pour into a pestle and mortar and crush.
2. Trim ends of aubergines and cut into chunks. Put them in a roasting tray and toss with olive oil, cumin and coriander seeds and salt. Roast for 10 mins, turn them, add sliced garlic and cook for further 10/15 mins. Remove from oven and put in large serving bowl to cool.
3. Chop cherry tomatoes in half. Coarsely chop the coriander and mint.
4. Add lentils, tomatoes, coriander and mint to the aubergine and gently mix. You want a nice even distribution of lentils, tomato and aubergine.