With the sun blazing away the girls are requesting cold food for supper and that includes our weekly Car Supper experience. This week the request was for wraps with my eldest piping up that she wanted the wheat free ones.
We’re not a wheat free family but do use some of the products as I find it makes us feel less bloaty and windy! Warburton do some fantastic wheat free wraps that have grains in them. They are really tasty.
So this week they had …
- Cheese, Tomato & Cucumber Wrap – spread a layer of mayonaise on the wrap, add strong grated cheddar and cover with a sprinkle of finely chopped cucumber and tomato. Then roll and cut in half.
- Fine Green Beans – Most of the beans we eat in the summer are uncooked and eaten as snacks
- Carrots – eldest only
- Baby Peppers – Tesco do this amazing packe of small baby peppers that RoRo and RaRa eat like apples. Again another great snack.
- Penguin – the car was too hot so a big fail here as the chocolate melted!
- Dried Mango – We’ve tried a few brands of droed mango and without a doubt everyones favourite is Forest Feast.
- Strawberries, Blueberries and cherries
- Doughnut – A big carb and sugar fix for them to give them an energy burst. They chose to eat this after swimming
The trays (for those of you that asked) were bought in Poundland. I originally bought them to use when we do crafty things at home (I have a craft blog ZingZingTree) but they work really well as our car supper trays!