There are a few easy peelers on the market but so many of them, all though full of water, don’t make the mark when it comes to flavour. Thankfully the Chilean easy peelers don’t fall into that category, quite the contrary, they are bursting with flavour and colour. And this makes them perfect for my sporty girls who need light healthy snacks to eat in between their hectic schedules.
Chilean Easy Peeler Facts
- They’re super easy to peel making time taken to get the tasty snack from the hand, to the mouth and then to the stomach quick … result! (patience is not always plentiful when you’ve had a hard day at school or playing hard at your clubs).
- You can get the peel off in one piece (with practice) which means less messy bits to leave lying around (particularly important in the car) plus you get to challenge each other to a variety of games (see below)!
- They don’t leak loads of sticky juice because they’re so easy to peel (perfect for stylish tweens).
- They’re seedless …winner!
- They’re full of water (about 87%) which makes them great for giving a little hydrating lift to the body
- They’re low in calories and fat and full of fibre, folate, vitamin c, potassium, calcium and magnesium.
Chilean Easy peeler Games
- Who can take the peel off in one piece it the quickest.
- Who can make the longest continuous piece of peel (this is your favourite game)
- Make a snail
- Make a peel person
- Make improvised peel accessories.
Only available on supermarket shelves from September to November these super tasty Chilean easy peelers are well worth buying. Their vibrant orange skin fits perfectly amongst the Autumn colours that are slowly creeping into the outdoors and indoors and their handy size makes them perfect for slipping into packed lunches, pockets and bags.
This post is an entry for the BritMums #ChileanEasyPeelers Challenge, sponsored by Chilean Citrus Committee