Jumbo Games have sent us their new Wasgij and Falcon de Luxe Christmas Jigsaw Puzzles (both 1000 pieces) plus some amazingly useful puzzle accessories to help with our puzzling!
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases but it won’t cost you a penny more
Now I love a good Jigsaw puzzle, and every year I treat myself to a new one. It’s set up in a corner of our snug and then anyone and everyone who comes round can have a go. It always makes me laugh how even those that think doing a jigsaw is a lame activity are drawn into the thrill of finding a piece that fits! And of course once you get one piece in, you want to do another, then another, then another…
Wasgij Christmas 15: Santa’s Unexpected Delivery Christmas Jigsaw Puzzle
Wasgij jigsaw puzzles are not like traditional Jigsaw Puzzles and the image on the box is not what you make but a clue to the image you discover as you build it. The idea is that you put yourself in the picture and imagine what you think everyone else in the image is reacting to! There are hints, to help you, on the back of the box. And if you really get stuck you can go to Wasgij dot com for extra hints.
Having said that the Wasgij Christmas 15 ‘Santa’s Unexpected Delivery’ comes with two 1000 piece puzzles inside it one of which is the image on the box and the other the Wasgij Mystery Puzzle. Have you worked out that wasgij is jigsaw spelt backwards??
The imagery used for the puzzle is bright cheeky and fun… in a similar vein the saucy slapstick seaside postcards, and is full of Christmas cheer.
Falcon de Luxe: Santa’s Special Delivery Christmas Jigsaw Puzzle
The Falcon de Luxe ‘Santa’s Special Delivery’ is a beautiful nostalgic set of two (yes two!) 1,000-piece Christmas jigsaw puzzles, full of Christmassy vibes set around a vintage style Christmas steam train Christmas themes. Each puzzle comes in a plastic bag so don’t open them both up at the same time and mix them… unless of course your deliberately trying to make the puzzle difficult!
The Jigsaw box has one image on the front and one on the back that you can use as a guide, but there is also a double-sided poster with each puzzle inside the box and you’ll also find a teeny image of one of the puzzles inside the plastic puzzle bags so you know which one you’re opening.
It’s perfect to get you feeling festive in the run-up to Christmas.
Puzzle Mates Portapuzzle Board
The Porta Puzzle Board is a beautiful large board plenty big enough for a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle. It has a non-slip felt surface that keeps pieces in place, it’s lightweight and easy to store behind a bookcase or under a bed (54x75cm).
The only slightly irritating thing about the board is that because it’s black and because it shows dust and all the little pieces of paper that come off of, new jigsaws. I tipped the jigsaws out on to my mat and it ended up covered in loads of little white spots!
Puzzle Mates Puzzle Sorter
These sorting trays are amazing and I honestly don’t know how we’ve managed without them. Actually, I do; pieces spread all over the table, in both parts of the jigsaw box, on the floor. It was always a bit of a chaotic mess!
There are six sorting trays in the pack that measure 20x20cm each. They’re lightweight and stack on top of each other which means that you can easily tidy your jigsaw away if you’re stuck for space. And of course, they make it much easier to sort your jigsaw into specific colour blocks.
Both the Jumbo Games Christmas jigsaw puzzles are brilliant fun and full of loads of brilliant detail that makes the puzzle piece hunt difficult, which I love. The storage trays are unbelievably useful for loads of puzzles as well as games (dice throwing). In fact, they’d be useful for loads of things including crafts! The board is great but you do need to have a largish space to slot it (behind a bookcase, under a bed) when not in use and when it is in use you have to think about where to put it and where you might need to move it to (table to floor for example) but it’s very light and can actually be put on your lay to use.
And thanks to Jumbo Games one of my readers can win this very same bundle
– Wasgij Christmas 15 ‘Santa’s Unexpected Delivery’ Puzzle
– Falcon de Luxe ‘Santa’s Special Delivery’ Puzzle
– Puzzle Mates Porta Puzzle Board
– Puzzle Mates Sorting Trays
To enter fill in the gleam form below.
– This giveaway is open to residents of the UK only.
– One winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
– The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 3 days of competition ends. If the winner does not respond within 28 days another winner may be chosen.
– Your details will not be passed onto any third parties by BlueBearWood apart from the winner whose name and address will be passed on in order that the prize can be sent out.
– The winner will be sent ONE Wasgij Christmas 15 ‘Santa’s Unexpected Delivery’ Puzzle, ONE Falcon de Luxe ‘Santa’s Special Delivery’ Puzzle,
ONE Puzzle Mates Porta Puzzle Board and ONE Puzzle Mates Sorting Trays
– Delivery is not the responsibility of BlueBearWood and may take some time to arrive.
– Any damage or problems with the prize is not the responsibility of BlueBearWood.
– Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
– There is no cash alternative.
– Competition starts on 29/11/2019 – 12/12/2019 11.59pm.