Egg carton bird masks are one of the simplest and cutest crafts I know and kids of all ages just love them. You can get so many different coloured egg boxes (cartons) in the shops that they look cool undecorated but you can also glam them up with feathers, tissue paper, paint, coloured sand and my favourite glitter!
The cutting of the egg box needs to be done by and adult or older child as it’s quite difficult. But all the decorating and gluing can be done by everyone.
You will Need
An egg box, lolly sticks, scissors and PVA glue.
1. Carefully cut a ‘2 egg’ section of the egg box away
2. Trim the edges of the egg box to give a neater and smoother outline. You should also cut the center of eyes out. I always end up doing it at the end mainly because I forget until my girls pick them up to play!
3. Cut the other half of the central cone out.
4. Glue this on to make the bottom of the beak.
5. Glue a lolly stick to the side of the mask and leave to dry.
6. Then it’s time to play.