Here are 8 totally amazing facts about the Queen as told by the Blue Bear Cubs. I can guarantee some of them will be new to you!
The girls have been learning about ‘The Queen‘ at school to give them some understanding about the upcoming Diamond Jubilee celebrations. I think they’ve genuinely found it really interesting and just adore what they have to say about it.
- The Queen has a big pond in her garden. It’s a very, very big pond. A bit like a lake. She has lots of pink flamingos. The pink flamingos catch fish for her dinner.
- The reason why we are doing the diamond jubilee is because the Queen has been happy on her throne for 60 years (that’s a long time!).
- She sometimes goes to visit places and when she does she bows.
- When she goes out to tea, or something like that, the flag is tied up. When she’s at home the flag is let out.
- She has special jewels and crowns. Lots and lots and lots of them.
- When she was 40 it was called the Silver Jubilee and when she was 80 it was called the Gold Jubilee.
- She used to have children but they have growed and growed and growed!
- She’s very, very, very, very, keen on dogs. Any Kind! Even if they are big and mean dogs. She loves all dogs.