This is the year I try and shift the last bit of baby weight and get fit.
Now considering I had 2 pregnancies one after the other (the 2nd being a multiple pregnancy) I don’t look bad given the no effort approach I’ve taken. I put it down to all the Yoga and Pilates that I did before I had children. I’m by no means over weight (mmm, actually that might not be true given the tightness of my jeans at the moment! Christmas was a little naughty) but I am over a stone heavier than I was pre-pregnancy and the twins are now 5!
I also have this wardrobe full of pre-pregnancy clothes that I can’t quite comfortably slip into. They’ve been there for over 5 years now so it’s loose the weight or loose the clothes. They’re mean clothes. Not only do they take up space but they silently mock me! How rude is that?!
So this is going to be my approach
- Use my Micro Scooter when ever my girls have their wheels. I was on it to day zooming with the girls and the burn in my thighs was no joke!
- Bounce on the Space Hopper every day (thank you Santa!). This may sound silly but my legs turned to jelly having bounced on it in the park this morning. I did have a child bouncing with me as well but even so, a couple of minutes was all I could manage.
- Just Dance 3 (Wii) every other day for half an hour. This is so much fun so any excuse and it hurts my arms and legs and makes me huff puff. It’s got to be of some value and no I’m not posting a video of this …
- Zumba (Wii) a couple of times a week. I don’t think it’s as much fun as Just Dance but I haven’t got past the practice steps yet!
- Eat 3 meals a day and stop snacking
- Limit the sweet stuff
- Replace one meal a day with Ryvita and Cuppa Soup
- Ban crisps (Mr Dad are you listening)