I’ve always loved beetroot but tend to use it in salads more than cooking until I was messing about in the kitchen and pulled together this rather tasty Goats Cheese and Beetroot pasta sauce. Not only does it have the most amazing colour but it’s quick and easy to make.
And it tastes delicious!
You Will Need
1 medium to large red onion,
6 pre-cooked beetroots
1 x capricorn goats cheese (or similar brie type goats cheese),
4 large table spoons cider
Pasta (dried or fresh)
A handful of fresh thyme
1 large garlic clove (finely chopped or crushed)
Salt & pepper to taste
If you’re using dried pasta put this on to cook first.
1. Thinly slice the red onion and gently saute with the garlic.
2. Chop the beetroot in to small cube shapes and add to the onion with a handful of fresh thyme. Warm gently and cook for a couple of minutes.
If your using fresh pasta put this on to cook now.
4. Add 4 large table spoons of Somerset apple cider plus the Goats Cheese (break into small pieces). Cook this gently until the goasts cheese melts. You will need to add some boiled water to thin the sauce out. Add as much or as little as you need depending on the consistency of sauce you like.
5. Season to taste.
6. Once the Goats Cheese has melted take off the heat.
5. Place a small nest of pasta on a plate or bowl and carefully place the Goats Cheese and Beetroot sauce in the center.