There’s a tendency to think that environmentally friendly cleaning products offer less performance and more expensive than non-ecologically sound brands. Greener Cleaner wants to change that perception.
Their range of affordable, high-performance cleaning products are made using an eco-friendly composite called Eco-Flex50. It’s made up of 50% wood pulp and 50% recycled plastic and is used to make all the handles and solid parts of their products. On top of that their cleaning liquids are Not Tested On Animals and are made from 100% natural ingredients. That all sounds good to me.
I’ve always tried to use ecologically sound products where I can and the eco-friendly hippy inside me was more than happy to test out some of the Greener Cleaner products … so they sent me a selection of their brushes plus a wiper to try out.
They sent me the following (there are a lot more products you can choose from on the Greener Cleaner website…
Greener Cleaner Scrubbing Brush
This has really tough bristles, is perfect for cleaning most surfaces around the home including floors, tiles, stone, pots and pans and feels nice in the hand.
Greener Cleaner Dish Brush
The small precision brush is really helpful in getting dirt out of hard to reach places.
Greener Cleaner Pot And Pan Brush
This is a really handy brush. The compact triangular head makes it great for getting ‘hard’ into the corners and the scraper is perfect for getting those stubborn bits of food off.
Greener Cleaner Utility Brush
This brush was great for cleaning out my glass vases and the little precision brush was helpful in getting off those dead dried bits of plant that seem to cling on for dear life!
Greener Cleaner Dustpan And Brush
The ends of the brush have been slightly frayed (lighter grey area) which makes it wonderful for sweeping up fine dust and the rubber edge to the pan lay snuggly against the floor so very little (if any) was left behind.
Greener Cleaner Window Wiper
It’s hard to get massively excited about cleaning products but I have to say these were fantastic to use and I’m now a convert.
All of the brushes fit neatly in the hand and feel nicely balanced. Plus after a few uses didn’t start to look tatty and splayed or discolour (one of the reasons I hate white bristles on cleaning brushes!).
I was particularly impressed with the dustpan brush that has sturdy bristles that have been cleverly frayed at the end. These allow it to sweep up the finest of dust with ease.
The following key points stood out for me
– Nice variety of colour choice
– Solid ergonomic handles
– Thick strong bristles on all the cleaning brushes
– Beautifully soft, yet dense bristles on the dustpan brush
– Extra detail such as the small precision brushes on the dish brush and scraper on the pot and pan brush.
– Easy to clean (in the dishwasher or in the sink)
– The design and quality were solid and strong.
I was sent the Greener Cleaner products for free to review. All content and images are my own.
Now one lucky reader can win a set of the above brushes. All you have to do is fill in the Gleam form below
– This giveaway is open to residents of the UK only.
– One winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
– The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 3 days of competition ends. If the winner does not respond within 28 days another winner may be chosen.
– Your details will not be passed onto any third parties by BlueBearWood.
– The winner will be sent ONE of each of the following … scrubbing brush, dish brush, pot & pan brush, utility brush, dustpan and brush plus window wiper.
– Delivery is not the responsibility of BlueBearWood and may take some time to arrive.
– Any damage or problems with the prize is not the responsibility of BlueBearWood.
– Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
– There is no cash alternative.
– Competition starts on 26/10/2017 – 12/11/2017 11.59pm.