Paper hats can be so under-rated but with a few accessories, you can turn a plain piece of tissue paper into a stunningly gorgeous and stylish Tissue Paper Hat. It can be worn for loads of occasions and kept as simple or busy looking as you want and kids adore being able to can wear something that they made.
Oh, and best of all they are easy to make!
To Make A Tissue Paper Hat You Will Need
- Three sheets of tissue paper (A2 sized sheets),
- Ribbon/tulle to tie around the head,
- A stapler
- Light weight paper flowers, rabbits, Easter eggs, Easter chicks etc to decorate.
1. Take your three sheets of tissue paper and lay them on top of your child’s head. You want the front of the tissue paper to push down to around eye level.
2. Next, take your tulle (or ribbon) and secure it around the head over the tissue paper smoothing the tissue paper down as you go. You could also use masking or deco tape as the trim itself. Don’t worry about fastening the back bow exactly until right at the end.
3. Using your fingers, carefully fold back/curl the edge of the tissue paper at the front of the hat and clip in place with a staple. Continue to curl the edges over and secure with a staple where necessary all around the hat.
4. You will need to carefully pull the back corners together and flatten the back fold of tissue paper down. Again, securing it in place with a staple.
5. Tidy up the back and tighten the tulle if necessary
and if you fancy add some extra foam or paper decorations!