advert: we were sent Othello Classic and Othello On The Move in return for this post.
Othello is a simple strategy game that’s easy to learn but takes years to master that the whole family can enjoy playing together.
Based on an 8×8 grid this 2 player games objective is to trap and capture your opponent by placing your disks on the board. The lead can change at any moment by just the flip of a disk… which is what is so exciting
It takes just a minute to learn but a lifetime to master!
Do You Know Someone Who Could Be The Next UK Othello Junior Champion?
To celebrate the forthcoming UK Junior Othello Championship I’m giving away an Othello Classic game to one of my readers… see form at bottom of post.
You don’t need to be an Othello buff to enter my competition but if you also fancy entering the UK Champs then you can download the info and entry form here!
The UK Junior Othello Champs are for children under the age of 15 and will be held in Cambridge on 21st September 2019. The overall winner of the UK event will receive an all-expenses paid trip to the World Championships in Hong Kong in October!
The girls were sent two different Othello products to help them get ready for the Junior Championships
Othello Classic is a tabletop version of the game. It’s made from plastic with a velour, raised, green squared grid on which play takes place. Each end of the board has a curved tray for stacking the playing pieces. Also included is an instruction leaflet that includes details on how to play along with some strategic tips. The playing pieces have a concave surface and are
Othello On The Move
Othello On The Move is the perfect travel companion for Othello Fans. It folds up into a nice small A6 sized case when not in use. The playing pieces are stored in the black trays under each side of the playing board which can be gently eased out to give access to them. Because the board is small flipping the pieces over can be a little fiddly so care does need be taken when playing.
I actually have an old version of this with a brighter green game board in the middle that I’ve had for over 20 years and it’s still in great shape. The only telltale signs of old age are the off white colour of the playing pieces,
Othello is available to buy from all good toy stores. For stockist information, visit www.johnadams.co.uk.
For a chance to win your own Othello Classic fill in the Gleam form below
– This giveaway is open to residents of the UK only.
– One winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
– The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 3 days of competition ends. If the winner does not respond within 28 days another winner may be chosen.
– Your details will not be passed onto any third parties by BlueBearWood apart from the winner whose name and address will be passed on in order that the prize can be sent out.
– The winner will be sent ONE Othello Classic game.
– Delivery is not the responsibility of BlueBearWood and may take some time to arrive.
– Any damage or problems with the prize is not the responsibility of BlueBearWood.
– Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
– There is no cash alternative.
– Competition starts on 20/08/2019 – 03/09/2019 11.59pm.