If you’ve got boxes of perler beds lying around you’ll love this adorable Pipe Cleaner & Perler Bead Christmas Tree craft. It’s suitable for a range of ages and it’s pretty mess free… if you ignore the perler beds all over the floor!
Anyway, on to the craft.
To Make 2 Pipe Cleaner And Perler Bead Christmas Tree You Will Need
1x 15cm brown cotton pipe cleaner
2x 30cm green cotton pipe cleaner
Perler Beads (Hama in the UK)
Younger children will need monitoring as the perler beads could be a choking hazard and they will also need help measuring and cutting the pipe cleaners plus using the glue gun. You could pre-cut them before the craft.
1. First, you need to cut your brown pipe cleaner into half and your green pipe cleaner into; 4cm, 5cm, 7cm and 8cm lengths.
2. Lay the green pipe cleaners out with the largest at the bottom and the smallest at the top. When You’ve done this lay the brown pipe cleaner on top.
3. Carefully wrap the green pipe cleaners around the brown to make the branches.
4. Thread your perler beads on each branch and gently curve the branches upwards.
5. Bend a teeny bit of the top of the brown pipe cleaner forward and hook some hanging thread under it. Press down firmly on the pipe cleaner to hook the thread. Now glue on your start with a glue gun.
If you love these then do check out my other Christmas Crafts
This post is part of a fabulous Kid-Made Christmas collaboration between crafts bloggers organised by Jen at Mum In The Mad House. DO pop over and have a look at all the other kids crafts that have been posted over the last few weeks and that are coming up. There as some beautiful craft ideas. Catherine over at Growing also has a great Christmas Tree Craft.