Spring is definitely in the air and these Plastic Bottle Top Spring Flowers are perfect for bringing some everlasting Spring colour not the house. They look amazing and are actually really quite simple to make.
If you have any metal bottle tops then you can find how to make some simple flowers using them in another blog post here.
1. Take a pipe cleaner and wrap it around your milk bottle lid and secure the end. Do this for all the bottle tops. Then carefully remove all the bottle tops.
2. Spread a generous amount of glue inside the lids and sprinkle with glitter. Set aside to dry.
3. Take two tissue paper circles and fold them in half lots of times so they end up ridged. Glue them together and then glue the back of a glittered lid onto the centre of them.
4. Carefully pull the tissue paper down the sides of the bottle top and scrunch together.
5. Get your pipe cleaner and slide it back on to the bottle top.
6. Bend the pipe cleaner in half and twist leaving a little bit free to make the leaf.
This was part of another crafty hangout organised by Red Ted Art. Watch the video below for more fantastic ideas.
With Thanks To
Red Ted Art – Bottle Top Stamps
Playful Learners – Bottle Top Easter Cards
Kids Chaos – Bottle Lid Monster
Zing Zing Tree – Plastic Bottle Top Flowers
Rainy Day Mum – Bottle Top Owl
Anonymous – Spanish Marbles (Chapas)
Knitty Mummy – Bottle Top Badges
Red Ted Art – Bugs, Aliens and a Bunny