The ‘Sort It Out Game‘ by Paul Lamond is a fast-paced, 2-4 player game, that challenges players to place topics in the correct order whether it be from biggest to smallest, fastest to slowest, loudest to quietest etc… you get the gist!
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more)!
Aged 12+, the great thing about this game is that everyone plays together and knowing just a little bit about a topic could be enough it gives you the edge.
What’s In The Sort It Out Game Box
The Sort It Out Game contains
- a game board
- 4 coloured moving pieces
- 4 playing boards
- 20 coloured pegs
- 250 topic cards
Aim Of The Game
The aim of the game is to be the first player to get you coloured moving the piece around the game board to the finish. The number of places moved is determined by the points collected when correctly ordering the items on the topic cards.
How To Play
The youngest player goes first; they pick a topic card from the shuffled deck, read it out the question to all the other players (making sure they don’t show the answers on the back of the card) and place it carefully face-up on the table.
Players then have two minutes to place their coloured pegs on their individual playing board based on the ordering required by topic card. The card is then turned over to reveal the answers. Points are awarded based on how many answers you put in the correct order.
What Did We Think Of The Sort It Out Game?
This is a clever little game. There’s lots of variety in the numerous topic cards that cover a broad range of topics such as history, science, politics, general knowledge plus some that are just out there silly. If you don’t know an answer it doesn’t stop you making an educated guess, plus of course, you can also see the other players answers, so potentially get a bit of help there… unless of course, they are deliberately bluffing! And that’s where the strategy comes into play. Do you trust your knowledge or your opponents?
It would have been nice to have a sand timer included in the game as a visual representation of how much time you have to order your answers as it would add a little bit more drama. But it’s easy enough to use a phone as a timer.
I really liked the Sort It Out game. It’s an easy to use, fast-paced family game that also educates whilst you play and although, it’s for 2-4 players you could easily play in small teams.
For a chance to win your own Sort It Out game fill in the Gleam form below
– This giveaway is open to residents of the UK only.
– One winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
– The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 3 days of competition ends. If the winner does not respond within 28 days another winner may be chosen.
– Your details will not be passed onto any third parties by BlueBearWood apart from the winner whose name and address will be passed on in order that the prize can be sent out.
– The winner will be sent ONE Sort It Out game.
– Delivery is not the responsibility of BlueBearWood and may take some time to arrive.
– Any damage or problems with the prize is not the responsibility of BlueBearWood.
– Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
– There is no cash alternative.
– Competition starts on 14/10/2019 – 28/10/2019 11.59pm.