Did you know that it is thought that the first competitive Stare Off Game is thought to date back to ancient Rome and the gladiators staring intently at each other before fighting??
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases but it won’t cost you a penny more
My girls have always played versions of Stare Off and now there’s a World Series Stare Off Official Game you can buy from John Adams. Yep, you read that correctly and it even comes with a red refs card and distraction cards!
What’s In The Stare Off Game Box?
Inside the Box you get
- Stare Off headset
- Blocking screen
- red card (in with the distraction cards when you unpack)
- Distraction cards
- Instructions and rules of play
The headset consists of two headbands, 3 poles and 2 connectors. To be honest the connectors don’t always fit into the poles very well. We decided not to force them to fit snugly as you need to adjust the number of poles used with each round. And the head set worked fine with them only half pushed in.
How To Play
The aim of the game is to be able to stare into your opponent without blinking. The player that blinks first loses that round.
A minimum of three people is required. One person acts as a referee whilst the other two players play three rounds with the winner being the person who has won the most rounds.
The referee is responsible for keeping an eye on the blinking and has to shout ‘Blinker’ and hand out the red card whenever an eye dares to blink. The first round starts with all three rods separating players and with each round a rod is removed which brings players closer together!
Players also get to pick a random distraction card that they can only play once during any of the three rounds. I’m not sure who the distraction card helps to be honest but it adds a lot of silliness and fun to the game!
If you have lots of players you play a “stare-off” tournament, by drawing names out of a hat to decide who plays against whom. After the first round, the names of the losers are discarded and the winner’s names are redrawn to see who they will play off against. This is repeated until there is only one winner.
My top tips with this game is to have lots of cushions handy so that shorter team members can be boosed up level with the taller players as the headset works better when it’s level.
The World Series Stare Off Official Game is for serious stare off players. Do you have what it takes to win the tournament!? It’s great fun and can get very competitive so make sure your ref plays fairly!
To win your own copy of the World Series Stare Off Official Game fill out the gleam form below.
– This giveaway is open to residents of the UK only.
– One winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
– The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 3 days of competition ends. If the winner does not respond within 28 days another winner may be chosen.
– Your details will not be passed onto any third parties by BlueBearWood apart from the winner whose name and address will be passed on in order that the prize can be sent out.
– The winner will be sent ONE World Series Stare Off Official Game.
– Delivery is not the responsibility of BlueBearWood and may take some time to arrive.
– Any damage or problems with the prize is not the responsibility of BlueBearWood.
– Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
– There is no cash alternative.
– Competition starts on 17/11/2019 – 01/12/2019 11.59pm.