This Steak Wrap has been a life saver when I’ve needed to pull together a very quick meal … and this is very quick (approximately 10 minutes depending how quickly you can sort your salad out). It’s perfect for those evening meals when we get home late after a busy after school club night.
I tend to use either sirloin or rump depending on what’s in the shops but you could use any cut of steak for this. I originally tried giving the girls steak and salad laid out on a plate but they just ate the steak and played with the salad. When I combined all the ingredients in a wrap, they gobble down the lot with wonderful giggly sighs of enjoyment.
It’s a no frills wrap. Just the taste and texture of fresh salad and steak with a hint of mayo.
If you’re really organised you can even have the salad pre-prepared (something I have never managed) although I do find that the time taken to sort out the veggies is perfect for letting the meat rest.
Steak (half a good sized steak per wrap)
Grated Carrot (approx 1/2 large carrot per person)
Cucumber (approx half an inch per wrap chopped into little squares)
Cherry Tomatoes (3-4 per wrap cut into 1/4’s or 1/8’s depending on the size … small pieces)
Fine green beans (6ish, again cut into small pieces)
1/4 of a pepper (again diced up very small)
1. Fry your steak on either side on a high heat for approx 2 minutes if you like it medium rare like my girls do. Cook it for 3-4 mins each side if you like it well done.
2.Put the steak on a warm plate to rest whilst you chop and grate your veggies.
3. Spread a thin(ish) layer of mayonnaise in the middle top 2/3 of your wrap.
4. Sprinkle an even layer of carrot, cucumber, beans and tomato over the mayonnaise.
5. Slice your steak into strips and lay over the veggies
6. Finally turn up the bottom of the wrap and then fold over the sides. If you need to pin with a little wooden cocktail stick.