These fun and colourful t-shirt yarn bracelets are super chic, easy to make and best of all cheap. The perfect thrifty Summer accessory for kids and adults. Great for the beach, holidays, parties, going out, hanging out and of course festivals.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more)!
Materials Needed To Make T-shirt Yarn Bracelets
- T-shirt yarn (buy in a shop or make your own),
- ribbon crimp ends (I used 10mm),
- 4mm jump rings,
- jewellery lobster clasps,
- flat nose and round nose pliers
- Contact adhesive style glue (optional)
How To Make T-shirt Yarn Bracelets
1. Wrap the t-shirt yarn around the wrist twice and cut. Now use this piece to measure out two more pieces so you have three lengths in total.
2. Tie a loose knot at one end and plait the t-shirt yarn until the end. You can get someone to hold one end whilst you plait, hold one end in your mouth or pin one end to a cushion.
3. Get your ribbon crimp ready and then cut the end of the plait so it’s all one length being careful to hold tightly so it doesn’t come undone.
4. Carefully place your ribbon crimp end over the cut end pressing firmly with the flat nose pliers. You can also add a small amount of glue to hold the yarn in place. Keep checking the edges and push in and yarn that pokes out. I cover the end of my jewellery pliers with masking tape to protect the ends and so the pliers don’t mark the findings).
5. Undo the knot at the other end and add a ribbon crimp. Attach your clasp using jump rings (flat nose pliers are great for fiddly jump rings) and your finished.
Wear them on their own or stack them up.
Or make extra long ones that have to be doubled or tripled around the wrist. There are lots of variations you can make.
And they are perfect for making and sharing with friends.