Let me introduce you to Wingz, a genius clothing accessory that allows you to add sleeves to you sleeveless items of clothing. You can see the ‘white half sleeve’ pair I’m waving around in this photo (I bet you thought you were thinking this was about feminine care).
White half sleeve with Tommy Hilfiger Top
So what are Wingz?
Well its hard to say.
They are not a bra or lingerie, but they aren’t a top or outerwear either.
White Half Sleeve
As you can see it’s basically a pair of sleeves held together with a loosely elasticated band of fabric that runs under your bra and around the back. But this simple pair of sleeves is a clothes transformer.
- They open up sleeveless clothes to women who don’t like to show their upper arms.
- They extend the seasonal life of clothes allowing short sleeved and sleeveless clothing to be worn all year round.
- They don’t cover up a pretty top or dress like a cardigan or shrug does.
- They allow you to cover up at work
- It allow you to cover up from the sun
White Half Sleeve and Mint Velvet Tunic
The sizing of Wingz is generous, with plenty of room in the sleeves (I’m a size 10-12 and am wearing a size 0 Wingz). And don’t worry if you’re not keen on the style I’m modelling. There are lots of different styles ranging from day to evening wear including full sleeves, 3/4 sleeves, lace, angel wings and all in a few colours!
So what did I think?
The seams under your clothes can be little bulky because of the gathered material that allows the Wingz to stretch for different body types. This means you can’t wear Wingz with any skin tight clothing as you’d see the seam outline (not that I wear many skin tight clothes anymore). I also found that the back of the wingz didn’t stay in line with the back of my bra and rode a little way up my back. It wasn’t uncomfortable, in fact I only notice when I looked at a photo. I can’t imagine it being a problem unless maybe you had a very low backed outfit, but then it would be very easy to pin the back to you bra to keep it in position
For me they are an enabler and I love them!
They enable me to wear my tops without a cardigan covering them up. They enable me to transform a plain top into some sexy evening wear. In fact they have the potential to totally transform how an item of clothing looks and I like that.
I like that a lot!
I was sent the white half sleeve Wingz to review. All words and images are my own.
And now for the great news. I have three (yes three) pairs of in stock Wingz (up to the value of £20) to give way as prizes. So to be in with a chance to win one pair of Wingz up to the value of £20 fill in the gleam form below (open to UK RESIDENTS ONLY).
- This giveaway is open to residents of the UK only.
- Three winners of ONE PAIR OF IN STOCK WINGZ UP TO THE VALUE OF £20 will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
- Each winner will be contacted by e-mail within 3 days of competition ends, if they do not respond within 28 days another winner may be chosen.
- Your details will be passed to Wingz , but will not be passed onto any third parties by BlueBearWood.
- The winners can choose one pair of in stock Wingz up to the value of £20 which will be sent directly from Wingz.
- Delivery is not the responsibility of BlueBearWood and may take some time to arrive.
- Any damage or problems with the prize is not the responsibility of BlueBearWood and all queries should be directed to Wingz.
- Wingz reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of a similar type/value if the prize above is not available.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- There is no cash alternative.
- Competition starts on 27/07/2016 – 17/08/2016 11.59pm.