This is a relatively quick and easy Easter chick craft to make using the wonderful Yellow Chenille Cascade (Ribbon/Trim). They are also good for adding to Easter Bonnets and decorations because they are light.
The Cascade can be tricky to glue to the egg so I would say it is more for older children and adults although younger children can have fin gluing the eyes and beak on.
You will need …
1. Make a small hole in the end of your egg shape with a small craft stick.
2. Cover the bottom 1/3 of the egg shape with glue and using the stick carefully push the end of the ribbon into the hole.
3. Carefully wrap the ribbon around pushing it into the glue as you go. Continue doing this process until the whole of the egg is covered in the Cascade.
4. Cup the egg in your hand and gently push/pat the ribbon onto the egg until you are happy that it is all stuck down.
5. Fold a small piece of orange felt (off cuts are great for this) in half and cut out a beak shape so that when it opens you have a diamond. Also cut out a smaller triangle for the tongue in a darker orange. Run a line of glue along the center of the felt diamond and glue the tongue in
6. Fold the diamond in half and hold it shut for a few seconds until the glue holds the beak in shape.
7. Glue the beak and googly eyes onto the chicks body.
You can change how the chick looks changing the shape and size of the beak and the size of the eyes!